Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

LCD Display Registering repeated presses when not being touched

Hi everyone,

My A5 has started registering constant touchscreen input in error such that I can't use the printer anymore.  Upon turning the printer on it immediately goes to the home menu and the continually homes to the y axis.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited February 2020
    I'd remove the screen from the case and inspect it, but you may need to buy a new one, unless you can think of something else that could cause the printer to constantly home
    Thanked by 1ahoy
    Post edited by Stephen Todd on
    It occured to me that if you disconnect the LCD cable, then you could try and control the printer with pronterface, to try and identify if the LCD is causing the problem
    Thanked by 1ahoy
    edited February 2020
    Done some research, and yes you can actually get permanent contact point on resistive touch screen

If you are sure your panel is faulty, and you have nothing to lose, you could try this (uses temperature controlled hot air reflow station - but you could use hair drier)

Note: you will have to remove LCD panel from case, as JGAurora have a protective screen separate from the LCD panel

Thanked by 2Samuel Pinches ahoy
    Post edited by Stephen Todd on
  • Laser8302Laser8302 Posts: 170Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I found that mine was doing something similar. Taking out the LCD from the front panel (carefully, there's some sticker holding it to the front panel) the issue went away. I ended up just cutting the plastic on the front panel around where the screen is and I haven't had that problem anymore.
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hi. I had same issue about year ago. I put 4 washers between panel and protective foil on printer. Now I have to press more firmly to make touch. Just use standard M3 washers and you are good. Anyway, you need to disassemble printer
  • ahoyahoy Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll give these a try.