Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

I must learn the name of the track on the card please help me

I saw that the 8-leg regulator inside the hoop was visually damaged. I want to change this part, but I cannot read the text on it.

Can you help me with this

Comments

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I've not got that board, or seen a photo good enough to identify the component, but with its location between those two coils, I suspect its a dual MOSFET creating 2 power supplies - if it is, they are usually N channel and universal

Anyway, something is making it overheat - prime suspect is a ceramic capacitor getting hot, shorted or partially shorted to ground - could be the photo, but C39 looks suspect
    Thanked by 1tridici
  • tridicitridici Posts: 3Member
    stephen tood thank you so much for your comment

The piece is burnt as you can see in the image below

my client said it was short circuit when changing nozzle heater and thermistor

In my observation, I saw that this piece was burned and I can't read the text on it.

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @tridici ! - the chip is an mp2403dn. It's a switching regulator from the 24V supply (presumably to provide 12V output, which I think is then used by the later regulators to provide 3.3V and 5V, but could also be 5V depending)

This image may help (full board photo).

Thanked by 1tridici
    Sorry, I can't identify it either

I have seen people on facebook group "JGAurora Owners Group" ask JGAurora employee Shally Liu to identify board components for them - I'd ask there for U9 chip identification

It may, or may not work when you replace the chip - something usually kills a chip by making it pass too much current - usually a ceramic filter capacitor shorting to ground, but with a working chip you can detect overheating components

Thanked by 1tridici
  • tridicitridici Posts: 3Member
    Yorumunuzu yazınthank you very much for your help

I do not think I could find a piece of the turkey, but I believe I can find a piece of counterpart

I will give information about the developments from here
    It takes a lot of experience of board repairs to replace an unknown chip - you have to draw out the circuit surrounding the chip on paper, then work out what the chip does, then look for another chip that can do the same job

Those two coils and electrolytic capacitors are looking very much like power supplies derived from a MOSFET chip - seen very often on laptop motherboards, but JGAurora are claiming they developed this board, so it may not be "conventional"
    What you could do is look at the other chips on the board and look up their data sheets, to determine what voltages are required

Example, if you determine that 3.3v and 5v are required, you could unsolder that blown chip, and use two buck converters set to 3.3v and 5v and place their outputs on the power rails directly - could be easier solution
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    @Stephen Todd  - I posted the chip info above. It is a mp2403dn - heaps of those on aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20200219153528&SearchText=mp2403dn

Thanked by 1Stephen Todd
    edited February 2020
    I missed that post - interesting, its a buck converter, from 24v input it could output anything up to 20v, depending on surrounding components

Will be interesting to see if the new one burns up as well
    Post edited by Stephen Todd on