Homeโ€บ JGMaker Magic

Printing Benchy

Hi all,

I am trying to print Benchy (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3742491) on my JGMaker Magic printer.ย  My main issue is with the front window. the top part of it has support issues.ย  I am using Cura 4.4.1 with the profile from the SD card.ย  Has anyone been able to print it successfully?

Luc

Comments

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    edited February 2020
    The profile for JGAurora Magic printer is inside cura V4.4x, have you set cura to use it?

I have no issue with windows/doorway on benchy when printing with my V1 A3s - but I have upgraded the part cooling, as it was inadequate

I'd suspect your hotend temperature is too high for the stock part cooling of your printer - try a lower temperature

Post edited by Stephen Todd on
    If you rotate the benchy on the build plate, so that it prints with the offending window facing the part cooling duct, you may find that the rear window is now the problem - in which case you may wish to fit a second fan and duct so that you get 2 directional cooling (I have 4 directional cooling using 2 fans an custom ducts from thingyverse)
  • lmallet5534lmallet5534 Posts: 2Member
    I didn't think to look at the printers after updating Cura.ย  Nice to see that the printer is supported!

Rotating the print 90 degrees did the trick.ย  Now I am curious about your fan setup.ย  Can you post the link to the thingyverse duct?

Thanks for your help!
    The A3s does not have as much side clearance as the A5 and A5s between the heat block and the metal upright bodywork of the printer, so it was a struggle to find a 3 directional cooling duct that didn't crash into the metalwork - you should have an easier task - maybe A5 duct?

The front duct was a bodge up - I printed one that was too long and sawed off the front section to make it the correct length, then used various printed duct mounting parts to be able to mount it and swivel it to the correct height and angle

Important that the ducts blow on the tip of the extruder nozzle in a downward direction, not on the heat block itself

Style of 3 way duct using original rear duct fan
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2757866

A long duct similar to this at the front with a 40mm fan

More bits in the middle to pivot into lower position, and mounted to the flat aluminium block, using one of the existing long screws

Parts similar to these to adjust the duct into ideal position - takes a lot of tinkering and trial and error