Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

My build plate doesn't move anymore - HELP

Hi everyone, 

I used a lot my A5 when i bought it 1 year ago. But it's been maybe 6 months since the last use. The steels bars who rotate to control the needle needed some care because the "fat" blocked the smooth movement. So i fix it with some specific spray.

BUT, now the build plate doesn't respond. Even when i start a new print or try to move the Axis in the menu(...) it doesn't move.

The build plate still heat when asked, and manually moves... I don't know how to fix it... 

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot,
Jonas,

Comments

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited March 2020
    I'm assuming you cannot hear anything trying to move - i.e. no motor noise

I'd download and install pronterface to see if the build plate can be moved using that - if so, its likely the the cable connecting the LCD and the controller board

If you can't move the bed using pronterface, then you'll have to test the motor wiring with a meter for continuity - if wiring is OK, its the stepper motor dead - which you could maybe test by swapping with the extruder motor plug

If non of the above work, then it could be the controller stepper controller - but as its soldered to the board, you'd need a hot air reflow/rework station and liquid flux to remove and replace the defective chip - so you'd likely be replacing the board
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Post edited by Stephen Todd on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    So, when you try to home each axis, none of them are responding? Very odd. I agree that pronterface is a good place to start, at least there you will see error messages too hopefully. Which firmware are you using?