Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5S - wrong dimension after printing

Hi, 

I have a situation with my A5S. 
I manage to print everything, but all the parts are out of dimensions, between +-0.5mm, and becomes frustrating.

I'm using Cura slicer, and original firmware.

Can anyone support me with this situation, in order to solve it?

Thank you! 

Comments

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Simple method I use is to simply calculate the percentage "out" of the print, then print again after adjusting the scale of the part in the slicer - i.e. if part is 1 percent out of spec, I adjust the model in the slicer to print 1 percent bigger/smaller

Half a mm is tiny - you can adjust the print scale, but I'm not sure FDM printers are accurate enough for what you are aiming for
  • Laser8302Laser8302 Posts: 170Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I find that Cura is bad with dimensional accuracy on my A5. For parts that I need to be dimentionally accurate I use PRUSA Slic3r.

I have also started playing with ideamaker and I'm really liking it.

Additionally, what is your layer height setting? Have you printed a 20mm cube and measured it? Maybe a belt is loose and needs to be tightened. All these things can lead to inaccurate dimensions. Use layer heights in multiples of 0.02mm like 0.14 or 0.16 or 0.20mm to improve your accuracy.
    Thanked by 1Stephen Todd
    I'd also consider fitting a smaller diameter nozzle if accuracy is critical, but then again, I'm not sure a consumer grade 3D printer is good enough for the job
  • DukeLanderDukeLander Posts: 23Member
    Yes, they are.
    First you have to know your filament. Then you have properly configure your printer, possible only over Marlin. After bunch of test prints and fine tuning, you will have a very good and precise printer.
    Example of totally customized anycubic delta:

edited March 2020
    Excellent print quality - I was going to buy a delta for my first printer, but was told they are "challenging" to get printing well, and not beginner friendly - I'll likely buy one soon, as I fancy a challenge, and they are said to print a lot faster and quieter than cartesian printers

Post edited by Stephen Todd on
  • DukeLanderDukeLander Posts: 23Member
    My first printer was this anycubic delta linear plus. What experience... originally it was piece of....... ,  but thanks to that, I have learned a lot about printers mechanics and marlin trying to make some decent printer.
    Only frame, heatbed, motors and hotend (that was reassembled too) left from stock hardware. Best upgrade was SKR 1.3 with my Marlin version.
    I think biggest problem on A5S is board. I have ordered SKR 1.4 for it, because I have seen same issues on jgaurora as on anycubic with original board.
    That is why OP has issues with measurements (my 5¢).
    After some tests with new board, I wil see am I right ...
    edited March 2020
    Newby on another thread has A5s, and can't get a decent print - he needs some serious help

Edit: it was his nozzle - likely been scraping on the abrasive ceramic bed coating and got ground down - had a massive nozzle hole

Post edited by Stephen Todd on