Homeโ€บ JGMaker Magic

Help getting the Bowden tube connector

Enzo40DogEnzo40Dog Posts: 1Member
So I got this printer for my birthday in December less than a month later the piece that connects the Bowden tube to the filament feeder sheered off. I was informed that it was the same piece that they have on their store for the A5 so I ordered it. Took them almost three months to ship it and a few more weeks to arrive just to find it thatt it's not. The threaded piece it's slightly too large. All attempts to contact them and get the right part have received no response. I find this to be outrageous considering it cost over $10.
Anyway does anybody know where I can get the correct piece? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Comments

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    I think there's a list of suppliers in the wiki - somebody has a supply of the part, and its not JGAurora

Many people have been going over to thingiverse and printing out an adaptor - but you need a working printer to print it out

The actual thread of the part you need is mentioned in this forum or wiki - you just need to find the post - then you can buy from anywhere - the part is common purpose hydraulics/high pressure air part used in machinery - custom suppliers, eBay, Amazon, aliexpress, gearbest, etc.
    Found the page on the Wiki with UK and USA suppliers

Quote from page:
    The JGAurora A5 & A3S Bowden coupler fail very easily. It is very hard to find a replacement, as this particular coupler is very uncommon. The fitting is a 4mm pneumatic coupling, with an M8 screw fitting, but with a 1.0mm fine thread. A 1.25mm thread will not work.

I once found the blue caps on aliexpress - they have a spring clip inside which fails - the cap is all you need - they were in packs of 10 for a couple of dollars, but never seen them since
    It seems that the magic words to find the part in search engines is

"4mm x M8x1 Metric Thread 80 BAR HP"

I found a UK supplier straight away

https://www.advancedfluidsolutions.co.uk/4mm-x-m8x1-metric-thread-80-bar-hp-brass-push-fit-straight-stud-fitting-2881-p.asp

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited April 2020
    Please be aware:
    The bowden connector near the print head is the SAME on all printers - the M8x1 fine thread, 4mm bore pneumatic connector.
    The connector near the extruder motor is NOT the same on all printers. Some printers use the same one as for the print head, others do NOT. I do NOT know what connector the other printers use. You will need to contact JGAurora.

Or, please upload a photo of your printer extruder area, and bowden connector, and we can also inspect and suggest likely candidates.
    Thanked by 1Stephen Todd
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited April 2020
    @Enzo40Dog - welcome to the forum. Please post a photo of your damaged part, and your extruder, and I will do my best to find out what the correct fitting may be.

Cheers,
    Sam
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on