Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Bed Leveling not active at start-up

buklbukl Posts: 9Member
Hi,

I had the mesh bed leveling working in the community firmware smoothly for some time.
A few weeks ago I accidentally started the bed level routine again, but didn't want to click through all 25 points. Since I found no option to cancel the routine I switched off the power to the printer.
If I recall correctly I didn't notice it right away, but since than the bed leveling is disabled when I turn the printer on.

The mesh still is saved, but just not applied. There is a option to turn on the bed leveling, but strangely this is not available, when I first turn on the printer. Only after I start and cancel a print the option appears. It's always set to off at start and now can be turned on and than bed leveling works.

I've tried resetting the EEPROM, did a firmware update and ran the bed leveling routine several times. But I can't get it to work after startup.

Has anybody got any idea what's wrong?

Thanks and best regards.
Post edited by bukl on

Comments

• buklbukl Posts: 9Member
    Ups, I just realized, that I posted in the wrong forum. I've got an A5S. Could someone please move the thread? Sorry :|
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited April 2020
    Welcome @bukl - I've moved the thread.

EEPROM is stored on the SD card (EEPROM.dat) and is loaded at printer startup, delete that file if you think it is causing issues.

I'm actually not sure if you can enable bed levelling at startup by default with this firmware. Wasn't something I have tested recently. If you have M420 S1 in your start gcode (after G28 line) then you should have no problems when printing.

Cheers,
    Sam
    Thanked by 1bukl
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • buklbukl Posts: 9Member
    Ok, now I feel a little stupid. Of cause I was just missing the M420 S1 in my start code.
    Since I assumed that it did work before I never checked that.

Thanks a lot!
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    :) Yay for easy fix! Happy printing. Cheers @bukl