Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Extruder motor skipping when extruding. Please help

I have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days. If I try to extrude in mid air I get a clicking noise from the extruder motor. Sounds like it is skipping. I have pulled the motor out and cleaned the gears. I have tried a new nozzle. I have put oil on the filament to smooth out the tube. nothing seems to help. If I take the nozzle off the end and extrude with no nozzle it comes out fine with no stutter. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• VVillGVVillG Posts: 1Member
    I know this was in April but I just got mine in yesterday and am having same exact issues. I changed the nozzle and didn’t get a chance to see if that worked yet, but it seems like the gear that pushes the filament through isn’t catching it right. It feeds it through fine when the tube is disconnected from the heating element/nozzle.
  • GreysLawGreysLaw Posts: 4Member
    I increased the motor current by modding the resistors. not the first thing i would try though (firehazard). Mark the feeder gear and the motor shaft with a sharpie to see if they move in relation to each other, if so, the setscrew on the gear is to loose. Also, the bowden tube might be kinked or scratched up inside, replacing it is no fun though.....also make sure the bowden connectors are "locked"(press down part secured from going down by printed piece or cable tie, not done from factory on my machine)..... long term I'm looking at direct drive, but I'm not sure the firmware is happy about changes in the e-steps.