Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Printer doesn´t start for specific model

Hey,

I´ve got something modeled up in Solidworks that does not want to print. I use the Community Firmware. When I hit print for the gcode file from the SD card the menu jumps back to the Info screen and nothing happens.
This only happens for this specific model. I´ve before and after this successfully printed other models from Solidworks and other models using the exact same slicer settings.
I´ve tried exporting as 3mf instead of stl and exporting the model with less detail, nothing helped.
The model is nothing special, just a simple toothbrush holder

Does anyone have an idea what could stop the printer from even trying to print?

Best regards

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hey Bukl,
    Would you mind uploading your gcode file? Have you tried a different SD card, or tried reformatting it?
    Cheers,
    Sam
  • buklbukl Posts: 9Member
    Here is the gcode file. This one has an internal cavity, but I´ve also tried it without the cavity.
    I´ve tried two SD cards. Both work fine for other models.
    I just realized that the name has an umlaut in it, but this has works for other files before.
    I would suggest first try to rename the file, and see how that goes.

Next, could you please try this file and see if it starts ok? I removed all the "fluff" comments in the start of the file, and cut the print at 0.2mm.
    Thanked by 1bukl
  • buklbukl Posts: 9Member
    edited May 2020
    Of cause it was the most obvious thing again. Without the umlaut it worked.
    And now I remember what changed since I printed a file with umlaut last time: I changed from the german to the english firmware.
    I don´t know this can be considered a bug, but maybe something you want to look into :smile: .
    Thanks a lot for your support and also for the great work on the firmware!
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Post edited by bukl on
    fantastisch - das sind gute nachrichten :smiley::wink:

I apologise - but I won't be looking into it, I don't have time. Maybe it can be reported to Marlin project, but it is probably fixed by now, my firmwares are all a bit old right now.