Home JGMaker Magic

Keeps doing Filament change when try to print after command "M109 S200"

minhchaunycminhchaunyc Posts: 7Member
I just got my Magic model setup this weekend but having a hard time getting first print going.

I narrow it down that when I run "M109 S200", and the moment it reaches 200 it will do a filament change in an infinite loop. If I change it as "M104 S200" without waiting for the temp it will print without an issue.

I have attached the gcode I am using to see if I am doing something wrong with the Magic printer.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @minhchaunyc - sounds very odd. I would suggest trying the custom firmware by dahai for the maker magic, or trying to update to a newer factory firmware.

• minhchaunycminhchaunyc Posts: 7Member
    I just updated to the latest Marlin latest firmware and it now the printer is crashing when sending in

M104 S200 or M109 S200

I get printer killed message and the whole printed needs to be restarted. I tried dahai version but Octoprint cannot connect through it when I did that.
    Something isn't making sense here. Can you connect to your printer from pronterface on a computer? What happens if you try to heat the nozzle and bed from a computer?

is this the same printer as this thread? I'm confused - did you find a solution?
  • minhchaunycminhchaunyc Posts: 7Member
    different issue. The printer just reboot when I run M104 S200 or M109 S200. It says printer is killed and go offline. The other is I don't know why it suddenly shutdown.
    edited May 2020
    Regarding DaHai's version, maybe try connecting at a different baud rate. Baud rate is listed in configuration.h

Rebooting when turning on a heater is very odd. Is there a message on the LCD screen, or does the printer actually fully reboot itself? If so, that could indicate some kind of electrical issue with the printer. A video or some photos could be helpful as this is rather odd behaviour.

Sometimes, if there is a short circuit, turning on the heater will cause the power supply's short circuit protection to kick in, turning the printer off. The power supply will then turn back on, and the printer will appear to have rebooted.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on