Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5 - no movement X Y Z, except while pressing home

Hi the experts,
I am trying to get support for my problem on my A5.

Video is in attachment.

when I power on the printer, there are no movement - (which might be ok...not sure anymore)
 and then, I can press the home button, and the nozzle goes to the right position - X-Y-Z.

but then, nothing move anymore;
No movement possible in the "Move" menu
if I go in Leveling menu, by pressing the first quarter - it redoes a short movement on the 3 axis to the Home position... and then
nothing more...
and then, no movement possible anymore... apart of "Home" again...

I checked the voltages of the Steppers drivers, and it seems to be fine.

is it a soft issue? 

any idea or comment would be very appreciated.

Thank you
Vincent

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @VincentB
    May I ask what happened before this? Anything in particular?
    First things first: this printer has two motherboards, one for the LCD and one for the motor controller. Each of them is controlled by a different firmware.

Can you please connect the printer to a computer with a USB cable. Then download pronterface, and try to connect to your printer. Try homing using the controls in pronterface, and then try to move manually in pronterface. Check the console on the right side for any errors.

Next, try to check the endstops. Send command M119 using pronterface manual gcode input in the bottom right corner. Next, try holding down each endstop one by one, and then send command M119 again. It should say TRIGGERED when the endstop is pressed, and OPEN when it is not.

Please let me know if you have any questions with any of that. Best,
    Sam

• VincentBVincentB Posts: 2Member
    Hi Sam,
    thank you for your help, very much appreciated!

I found out the issue, but now generated another;

1. Thermistor connection on the botherboard was roasted.
    So, following your very good tuto, I upgraded to Marlin 1.6, and switch the connector to the spare one for second extruder.
    => this is now working.

but now, when I print, per USB or per Cable, the print stops, after about 45 min. always exactly at the same point.
    this, with gcode generated by Cura or with JGcreat.

can this come from Marlin?

Thank you so much
    regards

Vincent

Hi @VincentB - nice job! :smiley:  Can you please upload your gcode here? Can you measure the exact height of the print when it stops?
    What fan speed and print temperature and bed temperature are you using?