Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5s and PETG

Has anyone been able to get PETG to print on an A5s? I've been trying for a week and nothing seems to work. Standard cura profile - didn't work. Tried about every different combo of slicer options, and nothing seems to stop it from stringing. I printed a temp test for PETG, and it turned out without a lot of stringing. When I used the same settings for a real print, nothing but string. 

Comments

• aceathairaceathair Posts: 4Member
    Update - it would appear that my problem was not related to the settings. After much googling, I came to the conclusion that I had a partial blockage in the nozzle. After 6 or 8 times of clearing it, with the atomic method, the filament is extruding nicely. Using the standard profile, I'm getting workable results. I need to tweak the settings a little, but I'm almost there. A note for anyone else who might stumble across this, if feed motor is clicking but your getting under extruded prints, it's probably a partial blockage. 
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • giantrobot2001giantrobot2001 Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Last time I printed in PETG, the PLA after didn't come out well.  I even cranked up the heat when I changed filament to extrude it out.  The nozzle went right in the trash - it's like 40 cents.  I could see it had a little wear already, so no use getting out the torch or something  :D I have a little tub of these exact cheap nozzles direct from China on ebay - I bought a few of these 20 packs right here and got good ones https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-pieces-0-4mm-MK8-Extruder-Nozzle-Brass-M6-For-1-75mm-V5-V6-J-head-3D-printer/352721872402
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @aceathair - thanks for sharing your update!
  • EyeEye Posts: 115Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    ;) i use a a5, an ha Lots of Stringing with petg,  

and  a little iron Notzel, can e cleans via the   "burn baby Burn" Methode