Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

E3D V6 hotend conversion for A5

Jozko RemenJozko Remen Posts: 21🌟 Super Member 🌟
So I created my own version of E3D V6 mount conversion for JGAurora A5. This one is much lighter, more compact than the undocumented, poorly illustrated conversions that are on Thingiverse.
You can download it here:

I uploaded plenty of renderings, images and added quite detailed description so it should be pretty clear how to do it.
My conversion is using small 30 mm fans at 24 V. You can left original ones or upgrade to brushless, much more SILENT yet very powerful ones (highly recommended!).

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Thanks Jozko, looks fantastic!
  • Jozko RemenJozko Remen Posts: 21🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited December 2020
    Thanks! I hope I'll fix my problems with printing now. I think main problem is with flow rate and overheating, although I'm at 195 °C with PLA already. Maybe fan duct isn't such great and it pushes the airflow straight back (upwards) but when I put a piece of paper nearby the nozzle where it should blow, paper moves like crazy…

Otherwise, let me tell you and I don't understand it, whole machine is now much more quiet, especially on Y axis movement – and that has nothing to do with hotend and X carriage. I don't get it :)

Now just get that crap to print in a quality I would like to see. There are some promices on non overheated parts, but heck, filaments melts on corners and drastic changes of movement like crazy… Clearly signs of overextrusion and overheating.
    Post edited by Jozko Remen on
  • PetterNilsenPetterNilsen Posts: 1Member
    Interesting... hove about the configuration of the termistor that fit the V6 ?.
    I did something simuler  to my A5 except that I used a Dragon hotend.
  • Jozko RemenJozko Remen Posts: 21🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Might add it. I used K-D500 (dyze design clone) from Trianglelabs and updated to Marlin 2 while was at it. Works fine
    Thanked by 1PetterNilsen