Home JGMaker Magic

No Consistency

I have been having issues with practically every print failing.  The prints seem to fail at different points every time I try. I have recently upgraded the firmware from the link on this website. I had 2 successful prints after that of the test cube and 1 DnD mini from the SD card. Things seemed to have worked until I tried to print via USB, with Cura 4.8.0. I hadn't change the default settings, causing the nozzle to hit the build plate until it snapped the threaded channel from the extruder to the radiator. I replaced that wit parts from their official site. Now every print fails. The picture is of the test cube failed at 2 separate times. I've tried adjusting the temp settings. 

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited January 2021
    Welcome @tyakubik08 !
    Assuming the settings in Cura (e.g filament diameter) are all correct, and assuming you have the correct steps-per-mm in the firmware, then it could be an issue with the extruder. Is the extruder motor clicking and filament slipping? Check that the friction is not too high, when the nozzle is hot you should be able to feed filament through by hand easily from the long end of the bowden tube.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • tyakubik08tyakubik08 Posts: 5Member
    The Firmware had the steps set to 88. Watching a review on YouTube said to increase to 93. It didn't seem to have much effect. There is no clicking from the motor. I can push filament through with some resistance. The filament also curls some when pushed through. I read that, that can be a sign of a clog but it is a brand new Hot Piece. A FB group said that the extruder feeder spring can be weak and replace that. I ordered it and it should be here 01/6/21.
    Is the filament grinding?

Are you using the  JGMaker profile included with Cura?

It was not grinding to the degree in that article. It had teeth marks on one side. In Cura initially I made a custom profile for the Magic (didn't see the set one). I currently have it set to Cura`s profile for the Magic. I replaced the extruder feeder today. On the test print (SD) the Y-axis went all the wall back and continued to try to go back.  The motor was making a grinding noise so I shut it off. 
    edited January 2021
    Which firmware did you install? Is the y endstop working? (Check it with M119 in pronterface)
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    edited January 2021
    The one from Dalai Zhu. When turning on  v0.2
    Post edited by tyakubik08 on
    if you move the bed so the endstop is pressed, and then run M119 again, does it say triggered for Y axis?
    It hasnt done it again recently. I have been having successful prints. I am now thinking it was the stepper motor itself. I haven't been able to recreate the issue while being nearby.
  • sirhcwolfsirhcwolf Posts: 21Member
    @tyakubik08 I had that happen initially after upgrading the firmware as well. I re-flashed with a different compile and never had it again.