Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

after firmware upgrade: 'Error:Failed to enable Bed Leveling'

mgtowersmgtowers Posts: 3Member
Hi,

as one of my stepper drivers died (X-axis) I changed all of them to TMC2208. In the mood of improving I also upgrade firmware for mainboard and LCD following the instructions on this side. Principally it works but there are two issues:
  • starting a print, after heat up phase I get the message 'Error:Failed to enable Bed Leveling', printing starts anyway
  • also the cooling fan for the printed part is not running, I need to start it manually while printing

I wasn't able to find out what I could have done wrong or how to fix it. But now I'm not sure anymore if my printer is A5 or A5S. It is a black printer but on the type label on the back side it says A5.

Many thanks in advance for your support!
Post edited by mgtowers on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited January 2021
    welcome @mgtowers
    error 1: remove M420 S1 from starting gcode in your slicer.
    error 2: which slicer settings are you using? can you please upload an example gcode file?

A5S has SD card on the front. A5 has usb stick port on the side.
    Thanked by 1mgtowers
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • mgtowersmgtowers Posts: 3Member
    thanks so much! all fixed now
    your hint for error 1 also made me realize what is going on with the fan when I had a look at gcode. it is on purpose not turned on at the very beginning but only for layer 1, it's probably always been like that. Just in case someone else finds it useful I attache images of corresponding gcode.

I have definitely A5 then, and I'm using Cura. Again, thanks a lot!
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches