Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Shut off mid print

I just got a JG Aurora A5S.  Was printing a calibration box and it stopped while printing, lcd went off, fan still on.  I've turning it off and on several times and no change.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited February 2021
    Welcome @BryanZg -- could be a number of things. Check the wiring in particular, especially the wiring for the bed. If there is a short circuit somewhere on the heater wires for the bed or heater nozzle that could cause a reset or even damage things. The motherboard could be damaged potentially, I would suggest opening it up and inspecting.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • BryanZgBryanZg Posts: 9Member
    I will do that.  Thanks so much Sam.  
    One more quick question.  I need to get the z axis up to open it up.  Is there a simply way since I can't do it with the control panel?
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    yes. release both flexible shafts either from steppers, or threaded rods. turning it manually to upper position does not make sense. After completing you will need to calibrate both sides to match heigth
    Thank you.

Looks like I found it.  Wires to the bed was rubbing the sharp corner of the case.  What other problems does this cause?  Bad mother board????
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    check mosfets on mainboard. hotbed might be burned out. Mostly you can see if it is blown
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Man, that's so frustrating.... the whole point of the sleeving is to protect the wiring... and here it is 5mm too short to have saved the day. Sigh.

The motherboard may be fried. If there is no sign of life from it, the CPU is probably cooked. If it does turn on, once you have repaired the wiring, the next thing would be to test the bed heating functions, as @michalko99 has suggested the bed mosfet may be visually burned..
    Yep I know.  I'm really liking the printer.  I'm learning so much.  This is my first printer.  I'm a cnc programer and machinist by trade.  It fits me well.  So they are going to warranty the mother board and hot plate.  Anything else I should look at doing to it while waiting on parts?
    edited February 2021
    That's so great to hear -- phew! My suggestions:
    • If your bearings are rough/bad from factory, grab some of these to replace things with this set
    • You could replace the stock z axis grease with something like this
    Nice.  The Y axis is a bit rough.  Should I eventually try the firmware upgrade?

edited February 2021
    I'm  biased -- but yes, I recommend it ;-) Plus, suggestions are always welcome. I only replaced Y axis bearings on my printer. X was good enough.
    Lol.  I like watching your videos.  Is there a good video on how to do the mesh bedding?  

edited February 2021
    Thanks :)  -- will be back into the videos this year. I will do one demo using the new firmware in the future. In the meantime, have a read on this thread here:
    The instructions are for the 2.0D firmware, but the process is identical.