Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5S Err. MAXTEMP: BED help..

Hello all here.
My name is Wolfgang and I´m from Germany. I need your help.

I bought an unused A5S over Ebay in Germany. After I started the printer it was not possible to move the bed or extruder over the move function. Also leveling didn´t work. Only a small move of the bed and the extruder then nothing. As first solution I decided to upload the new firmeware to the printer. Tested the original and the custom one.

In both cases I got this error message. I checked all cables and can´t see any damages.

Need your help...please

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    This most likely means there is a short circuit on the wiring for the bed thermistor. If you unplug the bed thermistor plug from the motherboard, you should then get a mintemp error instead -- this would confirm the motherboard is ok.
    Thanked by 1wolle
  • wollewolle Posts: 16Member
    Hi Samuel. 
    Thanks for your reply. I will test it. So you mean I have to remove the cable from the heat 
    edited February 2021
    Try to unplug the bed thermistor cable first (the two pin purple plug) from the motherboard, and then see if you get a min temp error then (negative temperature, will show around -15C) . If so, then there is certainly a short circuit in the wiring for the bed, or a short circuit in the bed itself.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Thanks again. Will try later. Do you know if a bed from an A5 is compatible? I have one with mechanical issues. 
    Yes, it is compatible.
    @Samuel Pinches I removed the purple cable only but the same error😞
    Oh dear... that probably means the motherboard bed temperature input is damaged 😔
    Thanks for your help. It looks like it’s not possible to by the board anymore. Then I will try to reactivate my A5 with the mechanical parts from the A5s
    Maybe try to contact JGAurora directly? https://jgaurorawiki.com/contact-jgaurora

I will try at jg directly