Homeโ€บ JGAurora A5 & A3Sโ€บ Modifications & Upgrades

How to use the new Firmware for the TFT-Display Ver. 3.0.2 (2018/05/05)

AETEKAETEK Posts: 106๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
edited June 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
Hello,
I have just seen that there is a new firmware for the TFT display.
This should now also be able to display motherboard errors. How to adjust the LCD firmware for the A5?

There is a way to check the current TFT display firmware version:
From the main menu, touch <Set> then <About>.
Then the current firmware version of the Toch-display is displayed.
For me it is already the latest version: 3.0.2

If you have an older version, then this could be the reason for the above problems.

Post edited by AETEK on

Comments

• AETEKAETEK Posts: 106๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    As I understand it (Info from the Wiki) there is a binary file and a txt-File to configure the TFT-Controller functions. The TFT-Custom firmware should be updated to the latest V3.0.2

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited June 2018
    Yes, exactly. Itโ€™s straight forward. If youโ€™re interested, you can try this one I configured a few weeks ago:ย https://www.dropbox.com/s/69y7vsaurah0shx/JGAurora%20A5%20Custom%20LCD%20firmware%20-%203.0.2%20BETA.zip?dl=0

I would have posted it on the wiki, but my printer is in pieces and I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    edited June 2018
    Hello Samuel,
    Thank you for the new TFT display firmware. I saved it for the time being. But I do not want to take any risks and do not use baby stepping at this time. Is an original V3.02 display firmware available from JGAURORA or alternative sources?
    Can I back up my original display firmware from the display controller?
    I value the bugs fixed in my factory display firmware version and do not want to lose this version.
    Post edited by AETEK on
    edited June 2018
    As you know, the v3.02 firmware is the official firmware from MKS, they do not provide JGAurora with the source code, so the JGAurora main LCD firmware bin must be exactly the same as the MKS lcd firmware bin - the only difference is the configuration file. In my version, I have only provided the configuration file for the A5.

I only have the official JGAurora firmware for the older version. You may have to ask JGAurora directly for a copy of the latest LCD firmware (which should match the official MKS 3.02) and configuration file.
    edited June 2018
    Hello,
    I wrote to JGAURORA about the new display firmware.
    The answer came, but JGAURORA sent with only one link for the firmware of January 2018. That's the version we already have. Meanwhile, I have a look at the files of the display firmware. I am still orienting myself on how this works. As it looks to me, only the file mks_config.txt is customizable. The actual program code does not appear. It must therefore be in the file mkstft28.bin. That would mean that all bugfixes from the display manufacturer take place in this file. Apparently, the display user functionality has not changed from January to June 2018. Then there should be no risk if you combine the file mks_config.txt from January with the mkstft28.bin file from June 2018. Am I right with that ?
    Post edited by AETEK on
    edited June 2018
    Yes - pretty much. There were some minor features added in the new version, but they are not important and will take default values if not set in the mks_config.txt file.
    Thanks, Samuel.
    Then it's clear how it works. That's a lot easier than I thought.
  • DennisDennis Posts: 2Member
    Hi!
    Since I had some LCD crashes I have taken their 3.0.2 beta so far everything is fine, just the caption does not fit anymore you have an idea what I have to change. Have read a lot and tried but it does not really workย 
  • DennisDennis Posts: 2Member
    The error is in the MKS_config. txt I have taken the version from the wiki page and only the mkstft28. Bin exchanged by MKS 3.0.2 Tft28_32_v 3.0.2 release File/Examples/Classic_En_Win8
    edited June 2018
    HI Dennis, there is no beta firmware, 3.0.2 is the release version - I am the only one calling my version "beta" because I have not tested the config.txt file, but it should work fine:

edited July 2018
    Regarding the overlaid text, I think the solution is (from my memory) to change the config file:

>cfg_multiple_language:1
    change this to
    >cfg_multiple_language:0

I can confirm this.