Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5S stripped screw help

I've only had my A5S a few days and there is a fillament jam. The screw on the hot end by the nozzle is stripped and I can't get it out. Is there a way I can remove the hot end without ruining the heating element without removing the screw?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @Heater ,
    Can you please post a photo of the screw damage? Maybe there is a different tool that could help remove the screw?
    I would suggest contacting a seller as this should not happen on a new machine, and should not require such disassembly except for extreme cases. A jam could occur if the machine waspoorly assembled and there is a gap in the filament pathway (e.g. PTFE liner too short).
    Best,
    Sam
  • HeaterHeater Posts: 3Member
    Thanks, @Samuel Pinches
    I bought it from jgaurora's website and am talking to them, I am not sure they comprehend my issue, they said they think I need another hot end kit, but I can't remove this one.

• HeaterHeater Posts: 3Member

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I would say a pair of good plyers should be able to grip that screw enough to remove it? Hopefully? You're welcome to upload full resolution photos, the forum will automatically compress them every hour or so.
  • rhaub101rhaub101 Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟
    If you can’t grab it with pliers or vise grips you can use a hack saw to cut a slot across it and use a flat blade screwdriver to unscrew it. If you can heat it up that will help also.
  • pdb6251pdb6251 Posts: 5Member
    It may be helpful to heat the hot end before trying to unscrew the screw if you can not get it out cold.  But if your issue is the filament jam, heat the hot end and then carefully remove the nozzle hot.  Then feed the filament forward enough to cut it clean.  Back it up and you might be good to go again.  I have had to do this before.