Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Modifications & Upgrades

SD Cards

Hello I am new to 3D printing and i'm not the brightest crayon in the box so please forgive my ignorance. I just bought a second sd card, a SanDisk 64 GB. and I wanted to be able to  put files on it, GCodes to print but it doesn't recognize the files that I put on them. So I am thinking I need to format the sd card for my JGAroura A5S. Can someone explain to me how to dothis if this is the problem or inform me as to what I am needing to do.

Thanks
Binderchk

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @Binderchk,

Tthe printer works best with SD or SDHC cards. However, these cards only go up to 32GB. A 64GB card is an SDXC card, which by default are formatted as exFAT format. The printer only works with cards formatted as FAT32 or FAT16.  I suggest using a smaller card is the easiest option.

Best,
    Sam
  • BinderchkBinderchk Posts: 4Member
    Thanks Sam. I guess that the saying "Go big or stay home" didn't apply here lol. I guess I'll just get a 32 GB card then and use the 64 for storing other stuff. I'm still learning how to do stuff on the printer and the information is very much appreciated

Binderchk 
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited February 2021
    I think you may be able to use the 64GB card if you can format it as fat32. I think there is software on the web to “force” this. Might be worth a shot!
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on