Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

X axis leveling

So, I'm trying to fix a series of what seems small issues, that might be giving me a bit of trouble.
I think the x axis on my jgaurora A5 might be a bit skewed; I suspect it is because when I level the bed, I always end up really close to the base of the printer on one side, but not so much on the other, and also the z axis long screws tend to wobble quite a bit.
I was thinking of taking the thing apart, so I can also check if the screws are actually straight, maybe clean and reapply some grease, and then mount the thing again, but I was unable to find how exactly to level the gantry once it's installed.

Also, if anybody has reccomendations for some springs to replace the bed ones it would be nice; a couple of them seem to always bend and I think it's messing the bed leveling quite a bit.
Thanked by 1jonathangreco

Comments

• michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hi. Print these retainers at first:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2903406

My printer has still stock springs without issues. Ensure that your printer is on flat surface. After that do Z homing. When finished, turn off power measure distance from nozzle to ground on both X gantry ends. By rotating ONLY right motor adjust same distance. Now you can level bed
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • noobmakernoobmaker Posts: 17Member
    So, I've printed and used this sort of calibration tool and leveled my gantry (wasn't off by much).
    From the top of the electroncs enclosure, the bed still seems quite lower on one side (the one with the spool holder), than the other.
    Shouldn't it be pretty level? Is there anything else I'm not considering?
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    yes, it should be level, as your prints will be skewed to one side. If printer is on flat table, measure glass height from flat surface by caliper and readjust bed screws until you are in some +/- acceptable tolerance. After that use calibration tool to adjust Z height to be same. After finished, run calibration to fine tune. 

If you have community firmware, use mesh bed leveling and save
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    The x axis should be trammed parallel to the bottom case, using the Z lead screws on left and right and a rigid object to compare heights. Then, the bed should be levelled using the 4 corner points to the nozzle. Then, do the mesh bed levelling process.