Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

Add On Display for the A5

AETEKAETEK Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
edited June 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
Hello,
The new, colorful TFT touch display is visually beautiful, but offers hardly any configuration options.
I miss important settings on the display, as it is possible with the classic 20x4 LCD. The mainboard has connections for an LCD display like this:

I would like to connect an additional 20x4 display. But I do not know if this conflicts with the existing TFT touch screen. It would be possible to put the cable through the opening under the TFT touch display and put it in front of or next to the A5.

I have ordered a 4x20 character display and will try it as soon as it arrives.

Post edited by AETEK on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited July 2018
    I completely agree! The community firmware has support for a 128x64 "reprap discount LCD" enabled. I have not tested it, and I am not sure how the wiring interacts with the LCD wiring - I *think* that they can both be used at the same time.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • sanjibukaisanjibukai Posts: 34🌟 Super Member 🌟
    An interesting option I saw in a printer with that type of display is the ability to increase both the speed of the print and the extrusion amount..
    Do you know if this could be available out of the box?
    Also, when adding the bed mesh leveling feature, there are some options that add menu items to the display (like the ability to change the Z height and switch to the next point using the knob)..
    Those items seems to not appear on the touchscreen.. So I still need to use gcode from the host (with pronterface)..
  • AETEKAETEK Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited July 2018
    Hello,
    you can change the printing speed with the MKS Touch display already while printing.

I ordered a 4 x 20 LCD display. It has not arrived yet. You can also create your own commands for the text display. I have not done that yet. I have to wait for the thing to arrive. Maybe Samuel has already included his own commands with a text or "full graphic display" in Marlin firmware.

Cheers
    Post edited by AETEK on