Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

JGAraura A3S both temp sensors simultaneously stop working

I bought a JGAraura A3S yesterday and did 2 successful prints on it without too much hassle (blocked nozzle and then a slow filament leak after messing around with it). I went to do my third print and just after it hit the limit switch on the z axis the print aborted and the heatbed temperature showed 150 and the nozzle showed 136. Switched the printer off and on again, still shows the same temperature. I took the printer apart and unplugged the temp sensors, still showed the same temperature, plugged in a different thermistor for a hotend and another thermistor for a heatbead in, same temperature. I havent tested whether the spare port works yet but it still wouldn't be much good to me without the heated bed temp anyways. Is my motherboard stuffed or is it a software issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    maybe during your fiddling with hotend, you shorted thermistor against heatblock. This burned out port on microcontroller. You can check side PCB if tracks are not burned. It is on right side with many connectors. Anyway GenL board is very cheap
  • DaveDave Posts: 4Member
    Oh wow they are cheap! I just assumed the board would be expensive because of the color touch screen. (kinda silly now that i think about it). I have some tmc2130 drivers on another broken printer of mine that i have gotten sick of so i might take the opportunity to upgrade the drivers and make it quieter as long as it is not a big hassle. The board doesn't have any visible damage as far as i can see but you might be right about the thermistor shorting out on the heater block because i wasn't very careful when putting it back together. I bought this printer because i wanted something hassle free but i think that has gone out the window now. I am even already considering switching to a v6 hot end and i have barely done 2 prints on it! I am not sure it is worth it though because the hot bed carriage seems pretty flimsy and the z axis vibrates when it moves quickly. Any thoughts?
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    your hot bed carriage..This might be stock crap bearings. Buy 4pcs LM10UU and replace them. For Z axis. Clean blue "glue" off them and relube with some grease. It is not crucial if it is silicone, teflon...Just add small dabs on threaded rod and let it lube inside of nut. Just do not try to mount any stiffeners on top of rods. Everything will get worse.

If you want to buy something else, do not buy CRAP from Creality 
    Update: i flashed the firmware and switched the pins for the thermistor. The temperature for the hot end is now showing up as -15 so either it is fried too or i did something wrong. I am assuming the former. It is amazing how easily this board gets damaged but i guess it is cheap so i cant expect much.
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited April 2021
    I don't think it is worth upgrading the hot end. Too much hassle on this model, for too little gain.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.