Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

hot Bed Stick Sheets

I have 2 A5s, one had developed scratches on the bed that it has become rough and removing the print is quite difficult.

I am thinking of sticking a bed sheet on top as shown below...

Did anyone try to use one or something similar?
Would it be better?

https://www.banggood.com/5PCS-300300mm-Black-Square-Scrub-Surface-Hot-Bed-Stick-Sheet-With-Adhesive-For-3D-Printer-p-1195504.html?stayold=1&cur_warehouse=CN

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited June 2018
    That looks like a good price... looks like they also sell products with the same ceramic coating to the A5 "diamond bed" (silicon carbide ceramic frit coating), but only the small size is cheap, the large size is stupid expensive.

Thanked by 1victagayun
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    If you buy the metal heated bed by itself, then you can use whatever surface you want. A local glass place can cut you some 300x300 glass, and you could stick the adhesive print bed sheet on top of that. Then you can use "bulldog clips" to hold the glass on to the bed rather than using adhesive, so it can be removed more easily. I just worry a little about it getting bent during delivery.
  • victagayunvictagayun Posts: 16Member
    My 2nd A5 now has the clip (not the problematic one)...
    Maybe I'll try the sticker first, will let you know how it went...
    Ok! Good luck.
  • AETEKAETEK Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hello,
    Can you remove the glass from the heating bed by removing the clips?
    edited June 2018
    Unfortunately JGAurora uses adhesive as well as clips to hold the glass to the aluminum heated bed. I am suggesting if you were to do it yourself, you would leave this out, so you could remove it more easily.
  • AETEKAETEK Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hello,
    The new version of the "Black Diamond" surface is of modest quality. Already cleaning with alcohol seems to attack the surface. The surface becomes dull and unsightly. Another user reported that when cleaning with alcohol already parts of the surface dissolved and were then as a black coating on the cleaning cloth. I expect that my new surface will not last long. When it stops working, I intend to dissolve and remove the surface and glue with acetone.
    I prefer a smooth glass surface that is much more robust than the plastic wrap. In order to reduce adhesion, hair spray has been found to be suitable.
    I use a glass surface with my Velleman 3D printer and have had good experiences with it.
    edited June 2018
    That sounds very very strange.... this coating should NOT be removable by alcohol!  :# I wonder what they changed? It is supposed to be a standard frit coating?

On my other printers I used to use hairspray on glass, but I switched to PEI sheet, and haven't looked back. I also have heard good things about printbite.

I understand that borosilicate glass is often recommended, but I have never had any problem with regular window glass from my local glass shop. Usually they will cut it to size for you, and grind the edges not to be sharp, for a very cheap price. 
    Thanked by 1victagayun