JGMaker Magic on Sale for $208, with $20 instant discount coupon!.
Y Layer Shifting - Only on some prints
I am still newer to printing after a friend introduced me to it. I am loving it ..... when it works.
I am at the point of frustration and want to sell my printer for another mfg because I have a new printer that's having issues but help has been limited and I hate the idea of having to buy parts for a brand new printer.
So I have been trying some prints and I am seeing Y layer shifting early on. I have a few that had a single Y later shift but it was much later in the prints but not at the same point, so no consistency.
Following the JG Wiki I checked
- the bearings and it seems to slide fine without issue, no sticking or anything.
- I also tightened up the bed belt a bit but not over tight as it was a bit loose.
- I did notice a bit of fraying on one section of the belt but it doesn't seem to be damaged at all.
- I also checked the gears and they seem to be fine as well.
- I also adjusted the "print speed" settings in Cura and tried some additional settings like jerk control etc.
- Tried different prints that were similar but not the same, to remove doubt of the individual print.
- I even tried rotating the print to see if I would get different results.
After all of this, I tried another print and still seeing the first few layers shifting. I tried printing a Benchy and it came out fine, so I am really not sure where to go from here. As mentioned, super frustrated because I am not seeing any consistency. Any help would be very welcomed, please see pics for more detail on what I am seeing.