Home JGMaker Magic

dislays goes off

cherdakcherdak Posts: 3Member

Hello. I bought the Maker Magic today. Unfortunately, the display goes off if the filament sensor is connected. When the sensor is unplugged, everything works very well, but the printer does not print anything because filament is not recognized. How can I solve the problem? do i need a new sensor? thanks

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited June 2021

Welcome @cherdak

Hmmm…. That’s a very strange one! In my mind it sounds like the filament switch is causing a short circuit of some kind, causing the printer to reset? It sounds to me like the filament switch is wired incorrectly! Normally these kinds of switches connect a pin to ground. When the switch is not pressed, there is what is called a pull up on that pin causing a high reading. When the switch is pressed, by connecting it to ground it causes a low reading. This kind of problem sounds like it could be connecting the 5 volt supply (The motherboard has an onboard converter from the power supply to 5V ) directly to ground!? I think you need to contact the official jgmaker support for this one.

Where did you buy the printer from? Maybe the seller can give you some support as well?

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on