No new user registrations are accepted. For more info, please click here.
Extruder driver not working?
I'm having a problem with my magic printer, and I'm unable to identify what is causing it exactly.
The situation is as follows:
- Got the printer second hand with some problems, found the 3D Printer had a clogged nozzle due to the bowden tube not being fully seated, so I cleaned and rebuild it.
- Tried some test prints, but they had alot of stringing and some underextrusion. Playing with retraction parameters in CURA didn't seem to change much to the prints.
- While in the process of changing the parameters, the extruder motor stopped working.
- Switched the x- and extruder-motor, switched the cables on the mainboard and both again, and found both cables and motors work perfectly with the x-driver on the mainboard.
- I determined the extruder driver to be faulty, so I ordered an original replacement mainboard from JGAurora.
- Wired up the new mainboard and powered up the printer, but it had the exact same issue.
- I flashed the original .hex firmware succesfully, but nothing changed.
- Flashed the updated firmware by DaHai succesfully, but still the extruder didn't work.
I don't know what to look for next, does anyone have an idea what might cause the problem?
First I thought it was a hardware issue, then a software issue, but both seem to be working fine...
Many thanks in advance,