Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

EEPROM version mismatch

I just loaded the community firmware (Marlin 1.8C) onto a newly purchased MKS Gen L board. Everything builds and loads fine, but upon boot if I look at the Serial output I see a few concerning messages:

echo:EEPROM version mismatch (EEPROM=? Marlin=V47)
echo:Hardcoded Default Settings Loaded
echo:SD init fail

Any pointers one what might be wrong? TIA.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited June 2018
    Yep, just need do step 17 in the firmware upgrade instructions on the wiki (jgaurorawiki.com/A5/firmware), that’s all you’re missing.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • jpasquajpasqua Posts: 9Member
    Thanks Samuel, I actually executed that step though I did not get any feedback from the commands. That is, I typed M502<enter>, and got no feedback in the serial window. I typed M500<enter> and also got no feedback. Upon reboot I was still getting the version mismatch. I'll try again to make sure there wasn't some pilot error.
    edited June 2018
    Just check that the line ending is set correctly if you are using the arduino IDE. I recommend using pronterface for that step.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • jpasquajpasqua Posts: 9Member
    Ugh. Sorry to have bothered you, I just changed the line ending and found that it worked right as your comment came in. It's working now. BTW, I attached a WiFi module to the LCD. It is recognized and connects to my network. I haven't tried using it yet.

Thanks for your help.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    No worries, happy printing 👍