Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

PETG prints stops after a while

HevilpHevilp Posts: 136🌟 Super Member 🌟
Hi,

I print my parts now with PETG with 230-240°C. The layers, which comes out are very nice and flawless, but ALWAYS the print stops after 15-30% of the layers. Do I need to clean the hotend / Nozzle (atomic pulls)? Before I used PLA without problems.

Comments

• davidtriunedavidtriune Posts: 16Member
    My PETG prints stop every time at the beginning too. You can download Pronterface to see what error you are getting. Attach USB cord and print from PC.  I found out my error is "min temp reached".
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    @davidtriune - it should also have stated whether this was for the bed or the nozzle thermistor. min temp usually indicates a loose connection of some kind.
  • HevilpHevilp Posts: 136🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Yes, but it is only with PETG. And it is still try to print, but the filament does not come out, there must be something with the extruder, but, like I saidm only with PETG. I changed back to PLA and did a 15 hours print fine.
    edited June 2018
    Is the extruded gear grinding on the filament? or is the extruder motor stalling? Maybe try a little canola oil on the filament to lubricate inside the PTFE tubing? This is a strange one!
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • davidtriunedavidtriune Posts: 16Member
    you may need to clean out your tubing using  cleaning filament (esun). it might be clogged in the tube or something. 
    Could be high retraction causing issues? Maybe try turning off retraction and see if that is successful - if it is fine then, perhaps try turning it on, but turn down the amount and speed of retraction.
  • enochrootenochroot Posts: 8Member
    I've been trying to print using a great looking red PETG filament from rigid ink...every time it just turns into a hot sticky mess. I've set up my A5 using the recommended settings from the wiki,( print temp. bed temp retraction etc.) I have been using Cura as a slicer. I have made no modifications to the printer
    each time it seems to go wrong leaving the hot end /nozzle covered in residue.
    any suggestions would be appreciated
    Try turning off retraction to start with, bed 85C.