Home 3D Print Lounge

I think that had to be said.

AETEKAETEK Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
Hello Samuel, DaHai and the other developers,
I would like to thank you for the great work you are doing. The forum and the wiki are valuable sources of information for everyday questions and problems related to the AGAURORA 3D printer. I like to contribute to the project. I also appreciate your helpfulness and the friendly manner.
Maybe you could also offer an offline version of the Wiki for download, so that we can secure the information permanently.
I think that had to be said. By complaining, the world does not get better.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hi AETEK, firstly, thank you for your kind words of encouragement.
    You are very welcome to sign up to the wiki, and edit and contribute anywhere you would like. :smile:

First, you do not need to worry, the wiki is not going anywhere!

However, the wiki is very different to a book - there are links between sections and cross links between pages. Preparing it for offline reading is a little tricky. But here is an attempt: 
    JGAurora A5: the community guide

Let me know what you think :wink:

• AETEKAETEK Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hello Samuel,
    That was fast. Are you able to do magic tricks? This looks very good.
    I can download the few videos from Youtube myself. This is definitely a big time saver.
    Some people claim "The Internet does not forget anything". Since I have unfortunately made other experiences. Valuable sources of information like these can disappear for a variety of reasons, while make-up tips for girls are often available for longer :) .
    I do not buy anything new just because it's cool. I'm just upgrading my 5 year old Velleman 3D printer instead of disposing of it. It also gives me a lot of fun to solve some technical problems. At the same time, the 3D printer has to do with mechanics, electronics and software. A far-reaching area. I had not spent much time optimizing for the last 4 years because I was satisfied with the performance. But when I saw how much better modern 3D printers, such as the A5, were awakening my fuss. It is also interesting that this quality is not feasible with ultra special parts, but with cheap parts from China. So what could be more obvious than to use these components with the Velleman.

At the moment I am in the topic. In a few years, I will not remember every detail. Then I'm glad to be able to access this bundled and competent information. It always costs a lot of time to research everything. The Wiki is like a handbook to the A5, that actually the manufacturer should supply. But at this price you can not ask for everything. In addition, I have a learning effect when I am confronted with problems and can solve.

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I enjoy 3D printing for the challenge you describe - its so interesting to learn bits and pieces from so many different areas, and then get to bring it all together in a seemingly miraculous machine - at least, its miraculous when it works, haha!

I am fairly critical of the A5 for cutting corners, but there is definitely an art to the efficiency of resources in the A5, and the printing quality in a good machine can be quite impressive. But I appreciate how easy it makes for a beginner to step into this hobby, and I think that is a great thing. I really hope that my efforts will help those people new to 3D printing, to not give up, and to give things a go, even when they get hard. Your resilience is encouraging to see :smile:, I hope other people can develop that too. It is just difficult when the expectations are set so high by the manufacturers!