Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Touch panel "debouncing"

seafianseafian Posts: 20🌟 Super Member 🌟
Hello fellow members,
I'm new in this forum and also new to 3D printing, I own an A5 printer since almost a week now and I'm quite happy with it.

What I wonder about and I ask for your experience is the following:

When operating the printer via the touch panel I notice that the "debouncing" of screen buttons sometimes is not working efficiently.
For instance, I notice this in the HEAT menu when touching the button for switching between extruder and bed, just with a very short touch it might work to switch between the two options in a controlled manner, if you touch a bit too long it behaves something like a auto repeat function and switches continuously between  the options, getting a random setting result.

Quite similar it is with the temperature step setting 1, 5, 10 degrees, this also is hard to set to the desired value. 

Similar experience with the buttons in the MOVE menu and so on.

Do your touch panels react that sensitive as well or is this a special issue for mine?
Any idea on remedy?

Thanks and kind regards
Andreas (seafian)

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited July 2018
    Hi Andreas, yes mine has the same problem. It’s a problem with the MKS LCD firmware, not really fixable. It probably doesn’t help that there is another plastic layer on top of the lcd. The LCD is a resistive touch screen, these are usually better to use with a stylus than with fingers unfortunately. 

I dont find this to be to be too much of an issue except when trying to do a mesh bed level via the LCD, I often find it frustrating for the reason you describe.

reason #873 for why the old black and white LCD with rotary dial is better than the colourful touchscreen... 🙄
    Thanked by 1seafian
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • seafianseafian Posts: 20🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Thanks, Samuel, for your quick reply.
    OK, then I know it's "state of the art" for that display. Will survive that :wink:

... and I thought the touch version will be the more sophisticated UI versus the rotary dial  :o