Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

Question to OctoPrint users

AETEKAETEK Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
Hello,
DaHai said in his video that the filament out sensor and the power loss resume on Octoprint are not working.
Can anybody confirm this?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited July 2018
    Octoprint talks directly to the main motherboard. Those features are controlled/connected to the LCD board only, and only work when printing from the LCD via SD or USB stick. It’s the same limitation when printing from pronterface too.

the filament run out sensor could be changed and connected up to the main motherboard, but that has not been setup in the current firmware.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • AETEKAETEK Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited July 2018
    Yes, but then the Touch Display would not recognize if the filament runs out.
    I am thinking to develop an Interface to send the Filament out signal to Marlin and the Touch display in the same time to fix these limitations.

Greetings from Germany
    Andreas
    Post edited by AETEK on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited July 2018
    The LCD is the biggest liability in my mind ... because the LCD firmware is not open source, if you wish to make big changes to the operation of the printer then I would suggest abandoning the standard MKS LCD and replacing it with a standard marlin-supported "reprap discount graphic LCD". A more difficult option would be to try this project where someone is developing a custom open source firmware for the MKS LCD module.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • AETEKAETEK Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hello,
    I would like to go a step further and use the original touch display and additionally a 20x4 LCD text display with input encoder. I have already ordered the display, but from China to Germany the delivery time is between 3 and 8 weeks. The development is already running, I'm waiting for the display.
    But that's not so bad, I have many other improvements in the works.