Homeโ€บ JGAurora A5 & A3Sโ€บ Modifications & Upgrades

Six ways to calm the A5

AETEKAETEK Posts: 106๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ

https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/make-the-a5-quieter

Hello,
my article series about the possibilities to make the A5 quieter is complete.
I am very satisfied with the result of my efforts.
At the moment I have installed all 6 optimizations and also installed the programmable power supply control.

I still have ideas for extensions. But now I need some time for new developments. Let yourself be surprised what else is coming ;-)

cheers

Comments

• seafianseafian Posts: 20๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    Hi Andreas
    I just looked across your proposed modifications - I think I will have something to do in future - Thumbs up
    Thanks
    Andreas (seafian)
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Would love to see a video to hear (or not hear) the results!
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Also, I think you are becoming a jedi-master of the wiki, even with images ;)
  • sanjibukaisanjibukai Posts: 34๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    Thanks !
    Just a question about the steppers drivers.. I saw some videos (eg. DaHai's one) where people are switching to TMC2130..
    Between these three TMC drivers, which one is better?
    And how they differs?

• AETEKAETEK Posts: 106๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    Hi sanjibukai,
    There the differences of the TMC drivers are described. The TMC2208 is the newest chip, priced favorably and very easy to install if you want to upgrade from the stock driver A4988 to the silent driver.

Greetings from Germanyย  :)

Hello,

I have a heavily modified Velleman K8200 3D printer that I've been making improvements to for 5 years. It is much quieter than the stock A5. Therefore, I am probably a little spoiled when it comes to the existing printing volume.

I have tried hard to break the A5 so far in the volume that I can run the 3D printer in the living room while watching TV, without being bothered by extreme noises. You can still hear sounds. The bedroom would be the wrong place to set up the A5. As I wrote. Also the bearings of the steel rods produce noises. These could be replaced by high quality plastic bearings. Then another noise disturbs me again. That's how it goes on and on. No, I'll just leave it at the present version. That's ok for me. In terms of print quality, I have noticed no difference so far. I have never criticized the print quality. But I did not want to hear the noise for hours. A video with volume measurement, I can gladly submit, if I have the time and desire to do so.

Should I attach a few pictures? :)

Best regards
    AETEK

• woszuwoszu Posts: 21Member
    AETEk, can you tell us what voltage Zenner diode You connected to motherboard fan power?
    Hello,
    You can not say that in general. You need a selection of different Z-diodes (sets can be bought on Ebay from 2 EUR). Then try it out. The value must be selected so that the fan starts safely, the Zener diode does not overheat and the noise level is acceptable.
    Cheers