Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Help with print settings

sanjibukaisanjibukai Posts: 34🌟 Super Member 🌟
Hello,
I'm starting using the A5...
I used to print with a kossel delta printer (which give me fast and great quality prints).
Here the mesh bed leveling feature works really great (I'm using the M420 S1 gcode in all my prints) I don't think I has bed level problems..

Here is an example when printing the upgraded fan duct from Da Hai, with default cura settings (material brand new filament PLA, bed @50°C, extruder @190°C):

I notice some problems:
  • Oozing (blue)
  • Support welded and difficult to remove (green)
  • Warping (yellow)
  • Walls not perfect (the most important aspect imho) (red)
In addition, this print was my 3rd or 4th attempt.
In early layers of previous attempts (but not the first layer one as the bed leveling seems good) the print head started to drag with him the print screwing up the print..
It's very frustrating to wait 15 minutes just to be sure that the print started well..

The good part is that I'm pretty sure that the printer itself has not major problems..
But, does anyone has some default settings to share (cura, slic3r or event simplify3d)?

I know that each printer setting is different, however I think that only material settings (namely temperatures) need to be changed.
Once the bed leveling is granted, I also think that slicers setting (for one particular printer) should be the same..

A wiki with some default settings would also be great (with each targeted relevant print models provided, since prints geometry can needs different settings).

What do you think?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited July 2018
    Good to hear you’re making some progress with getting things dialled in.

It would be great if there was more sharing of good print profiles. There are some good profiles in the Facebook group, I’ll download and share them here soon. But I have been spending my time trying to help people get their printer working, I do not have time to help try to create and collect presets.

Everyone is welcome to contribute to the wiki. There is one page on there about setting up slicers, and I did put a few basic tips on there about retraction, and the importance of printing slowly, but there’s a lot more that could be added if someone had time.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on