Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

the hot bed does not heat

Hi, I have a problem with my a5. The hot bed does not rise in temperature (the "ambient" temperature is shown on the display). I have opened the printer and the cables seem to be fine and are not broken or burned. What can be due and what can I do to solve it? Thanks and best regards

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited July 2018
    To start with, I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page, and following the steps for troubleshooting heating problems. Any questions, feel free to ask.

For starters, you could also try put a mug of hot water on the print bed, and see if a rise in temperature is indicated on the bed. That would confirm the temperature readings are fine.

Most of the time people have heating problems with the A5, it is usually thermistor problems. But if the temperature readings are working fine, and you indicated that the cables are fine, and the nozzle is heating fine (aka power supply is fine) then it could be a fault with the heater mosfet on the motherboard. If that is the case, the easiest option is to replace the motherboard (MKS Gen L) , as it is not particularly expensive.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on