Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Can't move after manually stopped the build process?

Guys, recently I've bought a A5 and I found a pretty strange behavior.

To reproduce it
step 1: start build anything
step 2: stop the build
step 3: try to move along any axis, x,y,z. it doesn't work. the machine does nothing when you touch for example Z+ or Z- or anything.

To fix it:
you'll have to successfully build a thing and after that, you can move it.
Or, you can reset the printer.

I think there's a gcode command that locked the movement?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited July 2018
    Welcome Harry :smile: Does it work if you home, and then move?
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Harry XiaoHarry Xiao Posts: 15Member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for your quick reply, Samuel.

Very strange.
    If I stop the build and immediately go to the "Home" menu and it doesn't work. And then I exit the Home menu and suddenly the machine did the "home" maneuver. And after that everything is fine. If I stay in Home, it will take some time but eventually it will perform the Home maneuver (only it has a much longer delay before doing it) 

Is it a known issue? Or it's by design?
    Post edited by Harry Xiao on
    edited July 2018
    Sounds bizarre! You could try while connected to a computer via pronterface, maybe the pronterface output would give some clues. Maybe an LCD firmware update could fix things.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    excellent idea! I'll investigate some more. Now I'm pretty convinced that a) it's not a common thing, only I have the problem and b) could be the LCD, it's in Chinese anyway, it's a very good excuse to properly replace the firmware.
    edited July 2018
    I've updated the LCD firmware and I've updated the firmware to Marlin 1.1.8. 
    The problem remains.

It's actually very easy to reproduce. Please see my first post for steps to reproduce it.
    I still think that it's not a local problem (somebody else should have the same problem on their jgaurora A5 printer).
    I don't have my printer handy, so I can't test it right now unfortunately. But whether or not it is a LCD firmware bug, it definitely sounds repeatable!
    edited July 2018
    sorry for the trouble. I think I finally get some clear picture here.

I'd hooked up the printer and my computer usb. and I saw when I stopped the build and tried to move the platform, the console shows busy processing. It means that the hotend and the platform heater were still working. I immediately went to the HEAT menu and turned those things off. As soon as I did it, the queued Move command (and Home command) executed. 

I guess that the build cancellation will not necessarily cancel the hotend+platform heatup prep?
    Ahhh, I think you are right. Sounds like during the heat up stage any extra commands are queued up until after heating is completed. Normally when I cancel printing it is not during that heat up stage.