Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

A5 hotend question

Does the A5 have an all metal hot end? And if so what is the max temp it can be ran at?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    No, it has a PTFE liner, so the max temp is 250C. The hotter you go, the more rapidly the PTFE will degrade, which produces toxic fumes... kind a bad thing.
  • luremoldsluremolds Posts: 16Member
    So that brings up the question of making it an all metal hotend. Is there a simple plug and play or would I need to make mods to get something to work.
    No, I have not yet found an easy “drop in” heat break / throat replacement for this printer. Additionally, all metal throats are higher friction, which would not be recommended in addition to the long Bowden extruder setup.

If you wanted to achieve an all metal setup on the A5, I would recommend setting up the printer as a direct drive, and using a genuine E3D titan aero and e3d all metal heatbreak and hotend.
    I think there are some direct-drive conversions in my thingiverse collections linked on the wiki?
  • luremoldsluremolds Posts: 16Member
    Thanks for the help with my question and also for everything you do with the wiki and forum.
    No worries, and I forgot to say - welcome :smile: