Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Cant download community firmware

rhaub101rhaub101 Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟
Was wondering if somebody can tell me what I'm doing wrong. When I click on the community main firmware file to download it, nothing happens. Screen goes blank and that's it. I am very novice so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Help please?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Can you please check your downloads folder? Nothing in there?
    Thanked by 1AETEK
  • rhaub101rhaub101 Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Thanks Samuel, but no, nothing in the downloads folder. When I click on it the screen goes blank and it never even tries to download anything.
    Thank You. That one worked!
    Well it appears I’ve installed the firmware correctly (followed the instructions to a T) but now the bed heats up, Extruder heats up but it doesn’t start printing. What could I have missed? The only question I had on the Arduino where it says to enter the M502 and the M500 commands, they don’t show up in the script. Do I need to hit “send” after that?
    I recommend sending those commands in Pronterface instead, its a better tool for sending Gcode commands. You can send them in Arduino, but you need to change the default line ending (see the option in the bottom of the window. The motherboard should respond when those commands are sent.

Regarding the problems, again, try printing via pronterface to see what is happening - any errors are shown there.

This is is my first print after updating my firmware. Either I’m expecting way to much from a $300.00 printer, or I have no idea what I’m doing, or both. Any insights?
    Well, it's ...something, and thats better of nothing. Two steps forwards, one step back.  ;)

I would say that $290 is about the value of the parts... probably $10 went towards assembly costs.... I would suggest you try to go over the machine, check every screw, nut, grub screw, is tight on all frame and moving parts. Try printing some test objects to help diagnose the source of issues, and to optimise your printing settings.

On my printer I replaced the bed springs with fixed nylon spacers to stiffen up the sloppy bed, and to reduce vibrations. Using stiffer bed springs (or adding washers to compress them more) can also achieve the same thing.

Ok, thank you. I’ll try all of the above next.