Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Printer Stopped Working - How To Troubleshoot?

Have been using A5 printer for about 4 weeks.  Had a failed print yesterday that resulted in the familiar tangled mess (all my fault - had been playing with Cura settings).  After cleaning up hotend, printer would not successfully lay down first layer.  Tried a number of reprints and condition slowly got worse.  Went from bad first layer to not moving and just extruding to now will turn on but no touchscreen response to anything (move, extrude, home) and no response to USB connection.

One odd thing that happened along the way somewhere is when I unplugged and replugged the USB stick, there was a spark between the drive and the printer.  Seems like I was having problems before then, but might be a symptom?

Without being able to attach USB, what can I do to troubleshoot and fix?

Comments

• effendoodleeffendoodle Posts: 1Member
    I have the exact same issue. I had a bad Gen 1.0 L right from the start so i upgraded to a MKS Gen V 1.4. Printer worked for 2 days. Maybe 4 Prints. Then started being unresponsive, but would react after some minutes. This got worse until it would not move anymore. Tried switich up the stepper drivers and figured out one worked. So I ordered new TMC2100 since it was going to be an eventual upgrade anyway. Put them in yesterday, set the voltage, leveled the bed, plugged USB-Stick with Benchy in, stared print and....nothing. Printer would not respond to any input from the touch panel or from Pronterface. Now if I try to home in Pronterface after a few seconds I get an "busy processing" echo. Another thing I noticed is that the hot end heat-up slowed down significantly. Tried the official firmware and the community one..no changes. 
    Were you able to solve the issue for your part?