Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5 bed heater cycling

Hey guys. I'm having an ongoing issue with the bed heater cycling on and off. When it cycles on the clearance between the nozzle and bed gets considerably tighter and then looser when its off and slightly cools. If i have a feeler gauge or the plastic sheet etc between the nozzle and bed it gets quite tight when the heater is on and then basically loose when its off. Its possible to see the distance change in the first layer if i print a wide solid first layer.  Ive tried mesh bed leveling but thats when i noticed the issue while i was setting up the clearance. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    The up-and-down motion you are noticing, are you sure that it matches the bed heater cycling and not the nozzle heater cycling?  If you’re dragging a metal object underneath the nozzle and feels like it has corrugations, this is a side-effect of AC electrical coupling. It is not necessarily a physical movement.
  • Godzilla32Godzilla32 Posts: 10Member
    Yes definitely the bed heater cycling. The extruder heater is off during testing. Ive been using the plastic sheet to set/measure clearance.
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I’m sorry @Godzilla32... then I’m out of ideas :( Maybe someone else has some suggestions...
  • Godzilla32Godzilla32 Posts: 10Member
    Today i modelled some solid bed supports and did away with the springs and guides i had printed. It has helped slightly. I did about 2 or 3 mesh bed levels after installing the bed supports. Each time it seems to still need a large adjustment which worries me. However i started a print after the 3rd mesh level and it actually wasnt too bad. In the past id still need to tweak the thumb screws to get it closer for the first layer to stick. Pretty licky considering now i cant adjust it at all manually. I had thought that i might have had the bed contorted with my adjustanle corners and when the heater cycled it would exaggerate the situation. Unfortunately i noticed that even with the solid bed supports i still get the same changing clearance as the bed heater cycles. I might try posting this to fb also. Would a replacement bed fix my problem?
  • Jamal3fJamal3f Posts: 2Member

greetings Godzilla32,

is there any update?