Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

JGAurora A5 Firmware 1.1.8

itisnot_meitisnot_me Posts: 102🌟 Super Member 🌟
Needless to say that I found an issue, well a couple, with what i believe to be the firmware. 

So I ran out of filament a couple of days ago so once it happened I decided to give the whole power resume function a try. I got my new filament today and decided to start it back up and print where i left off. So i changed the filament and then made sure it was fed through to start printing again. Meaning i made sure it was extruding out the nozzle. So i hit resume and it started to move to the middle and what i assume is try and dump filament in in the middle of the bed which was of course where a print was. Didnt see anything come out (new filament is a different color). Then started to print and was going along for about a good minute and still nothing was coming out.

So I PRESSED PAUSE. Next thing i know is that the head shoves itself down into the print and makes the machine grind. I freaked out and went to the controls on the touch screen to move it up. Well the up button didnt work. It registered it as down. So here i am trying really hard to make sure that i am indeed pressing up and no it pushes down and grinds. So i thought that for some reason the buttons were reversed and pressed the down and nope it goes down still. I had to shut the machine off and then back on in order to get the up button to work correctly. 

What do i need to change to make sure that this never happens again. If i cannot trust the controls or even the pause button to not screw up 4 hours of a print. Let alone make sure that it doesnt try and dump a large glob of filament in the middle after a resume

Comments

• itisnot_meitisnot_me Posts: 102🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Another odd thing that I dont know if its related but the filament was not to the hotend anymore. like it reverse fed when resumed
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hi @itisnot_me - have you updated the LCD firmware as well? This whole power resume function is controlled by the LCD firmware. The main motherboard (the thing that runs 1.1.8) simply does what it's told to do. I've heard of many people having similar problems with the stock JGAurora LCD firmware.
    @Samuel Pinches Yes I did. I know because it was a pain to get that SD card in there and had to indeed remove the USB. Moving from the beta to the stable marlin version wouldnt have anything to do with the firmware for the LCD correct?
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    No, it shouldn't :(

I'll try have a look into it and see if I can reproduce what you're seeing.

Sorry, that's frustrating I'm sure!
    it was going along quite well and i thought that it was a cool feature. then i paused and it went straight down and into the print and kept pushing down. I'm just worried something like that will happen again. 

I am not going to use the feature if i can help it but its something to bring to your attention. 
  • hombre666hombre666 Posts: 8Member
    Hey..
    I ran into the same trouble...were you able to solve this?