Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

Can't compile with AUTO BED LEVELING BILINEAR

Tim92Tim92 Posts: 12Member
edited October 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
I use the Marlin 1.1.9c beta firmware with a BLTouch sensor.
my problem is I can't compile my sketch, with ubl instead of bilinear it works fine but ubl doesn't work 100% correct for me.

the settings wich are interesting are: 
(the BLTouch is 14mm right 44mm behind the nozzle)

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 14  // X offset: -left  +right  [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 44  // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0   // Z offset: -below +above  [the nozzle]

// Certain types of probes need to stay away from edges
#define MIN_PROBE_EDGE 15

//#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_3POINT
//#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_LINEAR
#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_BILINEAR
//#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_UBL
//#define MESH_BED_LEVELING

#if ENABLED(AUTO_BED_LEVELING_LINEAR) || ENABLED(AUTO_BED_LEVELING_BILINEAR)

// Set the number of grid points per dimension.
  #define GRID_MAX_POINTS_X 6
  #define GRID_MAX_POINTS_Y GRID_MAX_POINTS_X

// Set the boundaries for probing (where the probe can reach).
  #define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION MIN_PROBE_EDGE
  #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION (X_BED_SIZE - MIN_PROBE_EDGE)
  #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION MIN_PROBE_EDGE +5
  #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION (Y_BED_SIZE - MIN_PROBE_EDGE)

In file included from sketch/MarlinConfig.h:42:0,
                 from sketch/M100_Free_Mem_Chk.cpp:49:
SanityCheck.h:896:5: error: static assertion failed: RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.
     static_assert(RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION <= MAX_PROBE_X, "RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.");
     ^
SanityCheck.h:897:5: error: static assertion failed: FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.
     static_assert(FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION >= MIN_PROBE_Y, "FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.");
     ^
SanityCheck.h:898:5: error: static assertion failed: BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.
     static_assert(BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION <= MAX_PROBE_Y, "BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.");
     ^
                 from sketch/enum.h:26,
                 from sketch/parser.h:32,
                 from sketch/parser.cpp:27:
SanityCheck.h:896:5: error: static assertion failed: RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.
     static_assert(RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION <= MAX_PROBE_X, "RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.");
     ^
SanityCheck.h:897:5: error: static assertion failed: FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.
     static_assert(FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION >= MIN_PROBE_Y, "FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.");
     ^
SanityCheck.h:898:5: error: static assertion failed: BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.
     static_assert(BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION <= MAX_PROBE_Y, "BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.");
     ^
                 from sketch/Sd2Card.cpp:29:
     ^
     ^
     ^
                 from sketch/SdVolume.cpp:29:
     ^
     ^
     ^
                 from sketch/Max7219_Debug_LEDs.cpp:38:
     ^
     ^
     ^
exit status 1
                 from sketch/vector_3.cpp:42:
     ^
     ^
     ^
static assertion failed: RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION is outside the probe region.
Post edited by Tim92 on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
     In a nutshell, this is a confusing problem that gives me headaches too.  The problem is that the nozzle can reach all areas on the print surface, but since the print head cannot move outside of the print area, the bed levelling sensor cannot reach all areas of the bed. This means that the levelled region is smaller than the print area.  While your BED_PROBE_POSITIONs have considered the PROBE_EDGE margin,  they have not considered the areas that the probe cannot access due to the offset from the nozzle. You need to reduce the probe position area to be smaller, so that is also within the area that is actually accessible by the probe. 
  • Tim92Tim92 Posts: 12Member
    edited October 2018
    ok, I manually set:

#define MIN_PROBE_EDGE 0

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 14
      #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 291
      #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 44
      #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 300

now I think it should work, thank you

edit:
    with the bilinear abl I got still the same issue, I'll make an extra topic for this
    Post edited by Tim92 on