Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

IR Probe, PWM Fan Mod, and TMC2208 Drivers firmware setup

I am having difficulty finding all the options needed in the firmware to enable the mods i have installed. Can i enable the IR probe in the newest community firmware? The tmc2208 settings don't seem to be in the old firmware in the guide for the ir probe but maybe i am mistaken.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    All the mods are independent - which one do you want to work on first?
  • TechnoGangstaTechnoGangsta Posts: 2Member
    Enabling the IR probe in the newest firmware would probably be a good place to start for me. 
    Ok, then I suggest have a look at the firmware here by Steve Wagg. It is preconfigured for IR probes connected to the Z-min socket.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2750505
  • netzmarknetzmark Posts: 107🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hi Samuel,
    Could you tell me pls wether the Steve Wagg's firmware 1.1.8 is the same varsion as the custom community frimware but just "only" preconfigured?
    Could you advice me if Arduino 1.8.7 (actual "stable") is free of bugs as far as you know or should I seek some older version like 1.8.5 mostly shown in every youtube manuals? Also: is the standalone version same well or better to work with installed one (I usually prefer non-installed softwares but it's not always healthly).
    1. As far as I know, Steve's IR probe firmware is 1.1.8C, just with the changes to support an IR probe plugged into the Z-min pins. I don't have any other details.

2. As far as I know, yes. There was a major bug in 1.8.6 or similar recently, but think this is resolved in whatever the latest version is.

3. Standalone should be perfectly fine to use in this case.
    Thanks Samuel!
    One more question. It is about custom LCD firmware. I have found two versions dependly where we check:
    or

There are "LCD firmJGAurora A5 Custom LCD firmware - 20180111.zip"
    or
    "cJGAurora A5 Custom LCD firmware - 030718 Version B.zip"

Which one is recommended??

The version B one was made using a more recent version of the OEM firmware, I recommend that one.
    Also, are you able to tell me where you found the other file? Thanks.
    Do you mean this "LCD firmJGAurora A5 Custom LCD firmware - 20180111.zip"? It's here:
    https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/lcd-firmware and find in the middle of the page

"Download LCD Firmware

Official Factory LCD Firmware: A5, A3S

Custom Community LCD Firmware: A5, A3S

"

Ah.... thanks :) 
    I need to update that link too.
    edited November 2018
    ok, so my A5 arrived and everything updated without problems.
    The bed with glass sheet looks strange, every corners are raised for 0.05mm. So some autoleveling in nearest plan. Which one sensor is working better in case of JGaurora glass bed - BLtouch or IRprobe?

(btw: Missing few screws and shity bearing on the extruder rail (X rail) - clearance looking like 0.5mm at least and clearily audiable knocks. I didn't print anything yet but it doesn't look good. Little disappointment on quality.)

Post edited by netzmark on
    Great!

I've tried the IR sensor, but I had unreliable results. I am trying the MKII Titan upgrade at the moment, and am testing with a different IR sensor to see if the results are any different. I recommend the BLTouch at the moment, except the cheap clones are susceptible to failure, so I recommend the genuine BLTouch only. You can also use manual mesh bed levelling. I found that I did not need to redo this very often, unless I change from PLA to ABS or similar.

I've noticed that my printer has poor tolerance bearings too unfortunately. But the print quality on mine is fine.
    Yes of course, I'll use manual mesh until get some sensor to test.

There are two X-rails. Upper rail bearing looks ok, lower has this fatal (in my oppinion) clearance. Tomorrow will have another JG in my hands, A3 of my friend, so will check how it is with this clearance on his machine.

thank you for all your helpful answers :-)
  • GWHGWH Posts: 1Member
    edited November 2018
    Hallo Samuel!
    I am a new member from AUSTRIA and I have installed the IR probe on my JGAURORA A5 without problems  and during the first test everything seemd to be ok! I leveled the bed manually  and started a first print. But now the extruder  head  stopped about 3 mm above the bed.  I tried all the gcode commands that I have found in the different manuals  (M851 Z plus and minus  or G92 Z0) and now the printhead stops in a hight of 4 cm above the bed an I am not able to lower that piece!
    What can I do?
    17:45
    Every time i send G28 with Pronterface the nozzle raises !!!???? It is now nearly in the highest position. 

Could be the motherboard of the printer defective??  
    Post edited by GWH on
    edited November 2018
    I have made mesh leveling but using LCD not Pronterface. Applied "Save" at the steps.
    But now when connected with Pronterface G29S0 reports "Mesh bed leveling has no data".
    So mesh leveling performed from LCD does not work?

PS. Sorry, have found it. After last point adjustment I saved it all except doing last "next" to move the head to the home-point then save it. Now it worked and I get the saved mesh responsed by S0.
    I think maybe you should to add some small manual about LCD manual-adjustment to the site "https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/bed-levelling".

br
    Marek

Post edited by netzmark on
    @netzmark
    thanks for the suggestion. Done  :)
    edited November 2018
    @GWH
    I'm sorry, I'm not really able to help with this.

Perhaps, try reset your EEPROM, using M502 then M500. 

I would ask, which firmware are you using? Can you attach your configuration.h file?

I recommend to read the Marlin gcode documentation: 

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Looks clear now :-)