Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

printing issue

MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
Hi. I'm experimentingh a strange behavior, perhaps due to Cura retraction:

When printing, the first 2-3 lines are printed as beady strings, thereafter it begins the normal trail (normal so to say, 'cause it looks a very dry trail, not even a common somewhat greasy freshly-deposited pla trail, which dries almost instantly albeit the bed is at 60 and the temp is at 205: the temp suggested in the roll of "pla plus" which came with the printer itself). But, it looks anyway like the filling extremities don't stick to the walls, albeit the "connect infill lines" is checked (these extremities are the ones front to the walls where the nozzle begins to deposit). What is this?

My settings: speed 30-40, "flow" 100-110, temp 200-205, bed 60, infill 100%, combing on, retaction 8,5 and 25, walls 0.8 (2x0.4). For instance, this is one of the 4 models (all the same) I was printing in that batch. Sometimes anyway it appears also in single models.

Another curiosity, wwhilst I'm speaking of strange things: why the default value for infill density and wall line count for any printing profile (at 2 wall lines count number) is 1,2 mm instead of the typical 0.8? Cura problem, or issue determined by the settings from JGcreat?
Post edited by Matt on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    That print looks like it is suffering from severe underextrusion. There is a major bug in the 3.5 and 3.5.1 versions of Cura. It will apparently be fixed in 3.6... :neutral:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/4660

I feel like I have been repeating myself all day because people everywhere are suffering from this. :confounded:

Check in the material manager that you have activated a particular material. If it says "unknown material" then the problem will occur. Also, check that you have set the correct filament diameter for both the material and for the machine settings.

• MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited October 2018
    TY Sam. It's under print with another filament right now. Anyway, my settings are conform to yours. Do you think we must revert to some prev versions of Cura?
    Besides all this and Cura issues: why you and the people of here don't you go the jg site and tell them the issues faced by the printer and the current firmware, so they may think to some major update made by themselves? (also in order to avoid that they might say that any private modifications might invalidate the warranty)
    Post edited by Matt on
  • MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited October 2018
    An update: it looks like it is printing ok now. The pla is a common one (and a very cheap one: I ordered from Amazon a roll of FiloAlfa pla, which never failed: let's see), printed @200°x60° (200, you've readed right...) - 100 flow x 30 speed, some hairlacquer. So far the issues isn't facing: perhaps the problem was the multiple print, or some settings which I removed (print one per time instead of all in the same time: retract and connect infill are checked), or that yellow Esun "pla plus" filament was very cheap... Thank goodness it was a "plus": I won't imagine what has been happening if it had had been a common pla!
    Post edited by Matt on