Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

extruder motor clicking

RobertRobert Posts: 33🌟 Super Member 🌟
I am having issue with the extruder motor, click on the link below to download the video.

The extruder motor start to click during skirt and brim, it also clicking when print infills.  This cause the infill to be weak, I have to  increase the infill extrusion width to 250% in S3D in order to have a strong infill instead of normal 100%.

The clicking does not happen when print outline/perimeter shell, only during skirt, brim, raft and infill, I have this printer for over a year and never had this issue until recently, and I've been using the same print setting.  I can't seems to figure out what is the cause of this problem.  

Over all print quality is excellent no complaint here, does  anyone has any idea why the clicking occur?

Robert

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hi Robert, have you made any progress on this problem?
  • RobertRobert Posts: 33🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Samuel,

Yes I have, I think most of the problem was cause by the z axis smooth rod been loose, I mean the 2 screws that secured the rod to the frame is actually pop up on the left side, I found the screws on the table next to the printer.  The right side is almost out but still on the frame. 

After i fix that issue the clicking is now limited to firsts layer of raft or skirt,  my new A5S is doing the exact same thing when printing raft or skirt.  The weak infill seems to be gone. the print quality has return to normal for the A5.

Does your A5 or A5S do the clicking when printing raft or skirt?

Robert
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Good to hear some success... but my printer does not do any clicking during the raft/skirt. If you want, I can check your Cura settings via teamviewer? Let me know.
  • RobertRobert Posts: 33🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I don't use Cura, I only use Simplify3D.  On the new A5S it doesn't click as much only once a while, it does more on the A5 even though I use the same gcode file on both printers.  So far the weak infill problem appear gone on the A5, everything is back to normal again.