Homeโ€บ JGAurora A5 & A3Sโ€บ Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Missing configuration file

netzmarknetzmark Posts: 107๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
From today morning I got three times blue screen with promting like
"missing configuration file" "please confirm"
After confirming it continued normally but when while printing - continuet with wrong Z.

Damned power supplier? Or some conflict in EEPROM?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Can you take a photo? I've never heard of that before! It must be LCD module related, I think. The LCD module is separate from the main motherboard.
  • netzmarknetzmark Posts: 107๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    Did not thought about it, sure will do at next time when got it.

I thought that maybe forgotten to perform
    "In the input box, type the following GCode commands: type M502, then press return, then type M500, and press return again. This step is used to initialise the EEPROM for the new firmware."
    If I forgot it the new firmware has the chance to work properly?

Its important to do that, yes.
    should it be done at each reflashing or only one time when migrated from official to the custom?
    Each reflashing is best, but first time is essential.
    Hi Sam,

See photo. I also have reproduced an issue:
    Pause while printing then resume. System rebooting then an attached screen. After confirming head goes to XY home, think some 5sec hard to say what about then resume printing. Unfortunately it was 2 times on 5 tests.
    Plus one time I got it just when turned on the printer power supply.

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Hmmm... I actually do recognise the screen, sometimes it comes up when I turn the printer on. I think that pause is to heat up the nozzle and bed again to printing temperatures. I'm not sure what to suggest for this one. I think it is just shows that the design of the MKS LCD module is not as reliable as it should be. I know there are several hardware revisions of the MKS LCD and I don't know what effect they could be having as well. Unfortunately, again I don't think my answer is satisfactory...
    edited November 2018
    Interresting if it also comes with factory firmwares. If it is we could ask factory what the f*** is going on with this.

I think nobody expects you may have ready solutions for every problems :-), definitely not me.
    But it's great you are here and help really useful :-)

Maybe someone else read it who has seen it on orig-firmware?
    Post edited by netzmark on
    The same stupid communicate appears if you press PRINT with no card/stick inserted.
    So above issue may looks like occasional problem with access to USB. I'll try if it appears if files are on SD not USB.

BTW: if we have wi-fi connected to the LCD, is there the remote access to the memory cards to load the files over IP?
    Sorry, I don't know. I haven't tried the wifi module.
  • Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 265๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    Today I add the MKS Wifi card to my JG works fine, you can use your smartphone and add a Wifi Camย using MKS Cloudย or use your slicer over the IP
    It also can create a hotspot for the printer without internet.
  • cs2000cs2000 Posts: 56๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ

That LCD message about No Files Found only usually comes up in two scenarios.

1. You booted the printer up with a USB stick inserted and the LCD is telling you it didn't find any flashable firmware files, you can just press the confirm button and it will continue as normal.

2. You flashed the community firmware. Sometimes this defaults the printer to look at the (empty) SD card slot for GCODE files when you press on the "Print" button. You can change this back to USB in one of the menus, I forget which one.

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches