Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

1.1.9 -C version

Do you guys recommend using the 1.1.9 C firmware or is it still under development?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Still under testing, but it definitely works... some people have found the print quality to be worse. Unfortunately I don't have much spare time to work on it at the moment.
  • HindawiHindawi Posts: 5Member
    Man thank you for your prompt response and your dedicated efforts. It is much appreciated! I hope JG Aurora are paying you something for the awesome support you provide!  
    Thanks Hindawai - nope, there's no commercial relationship, I just do what I can.
  • Enrique RiriEnrique Riri Posts: 37🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited November 2018
    Hi Samuel, long time reading a lot of things about 1.1.9C, But I'm still with 1.1.8 customized with auto power off, TMC SPI. So at moment not too much confident to upgrade to 1.1.9C.

Is there somewhere the new benefits and features of this new firmware? Limitations ? buggs ?
    Not too clear for me.
    Thanks in advance for your comments.:)
    Post edited by Enrique Riri on
    edited November 2018
    1.1.8C is recommended. 1.1.9C is still beta. 1.1.9C should offer “linear advance” feature, but this has not been tuned yet. It also fixes some bugs with bed levelling and TMC etc, but it probably introduces more bugs than it solves....
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Jean MichelJean Michel Posts: 4Member
    Hi
    I'm a new owner of the A3S model and i wanted to know how to verify the firmware version.
    And after do you recommend to get the last one.
    Regards.imageimage
    Welcome @Jean Michel !
    I recommend still using the 1.1.8C version at this time. If you connect your printer to the computer and run pronterface, when you connect to the printer it will show the  currently installed marlin firmware version in the console log.
    Thanked by 1Jean Michel
  • Jean MichelJean Michel Posts: 4Member
    Thanks !!
    I run Cura under Mac Osx and i have some problems to find the Aurduino driver for mac.
    I would like to connect my printer to Cura to identify the Marlin version on my A3S.

edited November 2018
    I have had problems too. I recommend (not sponsored) the paid mac drivers at http://mac-usb-serial.com - they have been 100% rock solid for me, and I think the price is cheaper than what I would have spent on Paracetamol.... and a new desk... my mac was freezing up before, not I have no problems.

Hehe... maybe a bit too graphic :sweat_smile:

• netzmarknetzmark Posts: 107🌟 Super Member 🌟
    "It also fixes some bugs with bed levelling"
    what bugs does this fix?
    edited December 2018
    I think there were some changes to some of the bed levelling calculations. I’m not 100% certain of the details, it was a while ago I looked into this.