Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

below a .2mm layer height

itisnot_meitisnot_me Posts: 102🌟 Super Member 🌟
Has anyone been able to successfully print below a .2mm layer height. I tried to print .15 mm and either it was having a hard time sticking to the bed or the first layer looked under extruded.

Bottom image is using the squish method. First layer you can see that it mostly stuck but looks to have under extrusion.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    What are your first layer settings? Speed, layer height etc. How have you levelled your bed? What nozzle and bed temp?
  • itisnot_meitisnot_me Posts: 102🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Mesh leveled
    bed cleaned with rubbing alchohol
    0.15mm layer height, 0.14mm Initial Layer Thickness
    first layer nozzle 210, bed 60
    speed 20/mm
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    hmm... try a few small changes
    • bed temp 67C
    • first layer speed 12mm/s 
    • what did you level with? sheet of paper? try that if not.
  • itisnot_meitisnot_me Posts: 102🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Not sure if the bed temp helped but It looks like i do have some plastic marks on the bed where the filament is kinda stuck. 
    Also i always mesh level with paper. and typically the layer speed default i had was 12mm/s

Should i use the squish method on that low of a layer? I dont want to have plastic stuck to the bed everywhere. Worried that i wont be able to print at .1mm in the future
  • ProkktorProkktor Posts: 146🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I always Babystep the z axis with a skirt when starting a print until I see a flattened line behind the nozzle.
    (need community firmware for that)
    Yes the PLA sticks to the bed pretty good, but with isopropanol and a fingernail a had no problems removing it from the COLD bed. (Even 30 C is to much)
    For me its basically irrelevant what hight exactly i level at, after meshing i correct the whole mesh down with G29 S4 Z-0.xxx
    I recommend a metal feeler gauge (direct german translation dont know if thats correct)