Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

First Impression on A5S

RobertRobert Posts: 33🌟 Super Member 🌟
I received my A5S from Amazon yesterday, there are some improvement that I like:

1. The glass isn't glue to the heat bed like the A5, this means you can change the glass if the black coating ever got damage.  I ripped the coating off my A5 after 2 prints on the first day.   The back of the glass has no glue,  if  the coating ever got damage you can simply flip it over and use the other side,  or you can get  another glass like any other 3D printer.

2. The exturder motor has been move up to the top of the frame, this means a shorter distance to the nozzle,  my first two prints on the A5S produce no stringing at all.  There is a  much more room to use a larger roll of filament, the extruder motor no longer in the way  of the larger roll.  The motor release button still too hard to press, just like the A5.

I have seem video of the A5S that have JGAurora  printed in front of the 3D Printer on the gantry, my A5S doesn't have JGAurora printed on it, just though I mention it.

The LCD touch screen is a bit slow compare to the A5, I am not sure is this a firmware issue or the touch screen it self.

My biggest problem with A5S was getting the printer to print, after the bed and nozzle reach printing temperature, it magically turn  the heat bed and nozzle back to 0, but the printing process still on going.  This seems to happen with I use Mac to slice the gcode.  I skype JGAurora tech support and they send me a new firmware, I load the new firmware and the problem was fix, the printer start to print immediately.
Before I upgraded the firmware, the heatbed only goes up to 105 degree on pre-heat out of the box, the new firmware  allows the heat bed
go up to 110 . 

The overall print quality is very good, I think is better then the A5. 

O ver all print quality is excellent actually better then the A5 I think. 

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches

Comments

• ufodoctor3ufodoctor3 Posts: 60🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hello
    The JGaurora is great with  a precision of 0.1 mm, but now I have problem with MOVE:
     y and z are working, but x does not react properly: rattering!
    Thus, Level Setting is no more possible
    Any good Ideas?
    Sincerely 
    Peter
  • ufodoctor3ufodoctor3 Posts: 60🌟 Super Member 🌟

Hello Forum

The "rattering" problem was solved by lubrication the two horizontal axis by a thin oil!

Best regeards

Peter