Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

WARNING - Jgaurora A3S, bought from Gearbest, was a real BAD DEAL

bargo100bargo100 Posts: 18Member
The A3S from Gearbest is a typical chinese device.
At first view, it seems to be a nice 3D-printer.
But it is with inferior quality. - No, it is without any quality.

The customer service's first reaction to my complaint was nearly after a week.

Althought they got concrete descriptions, pictures and videos about the lacks, the answers from Gearbest's customer service had been absolutely unprofessional, not to say real stupid.

The design between the main housing parts is instable and waggly, so if the rest of the printer would function, the dimension accuracy would be very low.

To print with ABS is impossible. You can put in a bed temperature of 120°C, but after waiting half an hour more than 95° are not reachable.
When adjusted a nominal hotend temperature of 260°C, the factual maximal temperature was only 235°C.

The hotbed is uneven. When you level the the four edges to the right distance, the nozzle scratches in the mid of the hotbed into the glass.
The cooling fan for the hotend heatsink is loud as a moped. They use there a very small highspeed fan, instead of a little bigger fan with low speed. (Absolute unpofessional).
But the best is, that the fan for the heat sink is not really fastened. They put this fan without any screws behind the rusty sheet metal cover, where it is additional vibrating.
Generally there are a lot of areas on the painted housing where the painting is peeling off. Additional there are some locations with rust. Unbelievable!

Instead of solving the problem with a correct software, functional spare parts or a non-bureaucratic refund, Gearbests's customer service agents Alice_Cui and Pamela are doing all to prevent cost's for Gearbest.
After 3 weeks senseless discussions, there is no satisfying result.
Now they would give me 66 USD when I would keep these botch device.
The biggest joke of the year! - I paid 276,39 USD.
Otherwise I could sent it back at my expense for 95€ (118 USD)!
But after 3 weeks senseless unqualified discussions I had to realize, that Gearbest is an absolute unserious company.
As they treated my complaint I cannot trust them.
I cannot really believe, that I would get back my money without new endless discussions after returning this scrap at my expense.
So I would have the risk to have paid 276 USD plus 118 USD for nothing. No thanks.

Gearbest want to sell a lot of products, but to satisfy the customer with a functional device (for which he has paid with his good money) is unimportant for them.

I can only warn anyone not to buy from Gearbest.
Never never never again I would buy from them.

Thanked by 1jollypike
Post edited by bargo100 on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I unfortunately must agree with you on gearbest’s poor quality customer service. You are far from the first to have issues with their customer service. Your best bet is probably to lodge a PayPal case for a faulty unit.
  • rosarosa Posts: 1Member
    Thanks for this information.
    I read over Gearbest from similar experiences also in an other forum.
    It's really nice, that you inform other 3D interested prospects about this bad company.
    So I won't buy from these shitty store.

Rosa
  • HevilpHevilp Posts: 136🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited April 2018
    Today my a5 arrived from gearbest.  I bought it last sunday in birthday sale.

It is in very good condition and arrived in time. 

I cannot confirm problems with gearbest. 

BUT I know there can be a lot of Problems with that kind of shops. I had very much Problems with efox. 

What you can do, if you were brave and bought it, and you got problems. 

If you send it back, make a photo with the Shopping paper from your Transport Company AND on the same photo the address paper on the package. This will help a lot if you open a Paypal case. 

Post edited by Hevilp on
  • bargo100bargo100 Posts: 18Member
    Gearbest and Paypal doesn't really help.

After several weeks senseless posting with Gearbest, they offered to refund 160 US$ or I should ship the shit device to their European office in Alicante, Spain.
    After shipping to Spain (~33 US$) the would refund the invoice total of 270 US$ and also the shipping costs to Alicante.

But a day later, they wrote, that this offer would be only guilty, when I cancel the Paypal case before, otherwise they couldn't handle my complaint.
    Unbelievable! This show's clear, what an unserious company this is.

So I trusted in Paypal.
    But Paypal is guarding their good customer Gearbest.
    After a lot of phones with Paypal they offered me refund from Gearbest of 55 US$.
    An other option had been to send the device back to China to my own costs (122 US€) and to get (maybe) back the 270 US$ invoice total, after Gearbest had the correct returnment confirmed.

So in best case my loss would had been 148 US$.
    But after my experience with this unserious company it was most likely for my to realize a total loss of 392 US$ when I would send it back.
    So I took the 55 US$ and I'm now an "unproudly" owner the greatest shit device I ever bougth.

To improve the mechanical lacks would be partly possible, but this doesn't makes sense without a functional software.
    Wheter with the original software nor with the custom software from here the printer is senseful usable.
    The last weeks I observed this forum and also other 3D-printer-forums, but nowhere I found a functional software.
    Bummer!
    The last weeks I observed this forum and also other 3D-printer-forums, but nowhere I found a functional software.

What do you mean with it?
    edited April 2018
    He is having problems with the A3S firmware. I have offered help via Skype and/or teamviewer. Sounds like a faulty temperature sensor, a faulty main board, or a faulty connection between temp sensor and main board.

There are many people using the A3S firmware without any difficulty, so I do not think the community firmware is defective. It is not perfect, but not useless or defective...
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Maybe he could take a look at the mainboard, which board is built in.
    Maybe its not a GT2560 with CPU Mega AT2560 instead 1280. This would change something.

Or

Maybe the bootloader is broken?

It sounds like there is a problem with the heating tuning system. Not a fault with the mainboard, and fairly easy to diagnose and fix. If the bootloader was broken, then no feature would work. The motherboard flash was definitely successful.

The A5 and A3S both use the "MKS Gen L 1.4." motherboard, which has a AT2560 processor.
  • jollypikejollypike Posts: 12Member
    I'm pleased I steer away from these cut-price places. I wouldnt risk such a large amount of money as I've read some very bad reviews. Plus you often get stung for import duty and sales tax in the UK.

I bought my A3S from a very well known online retailer who have a UK arm as they have quibble free returns - my previous 3D printer (different make) was a nightmare and they took it back without question for a full refund (and paid for the return shipping).